Africa time American holidays are funny in Africa baby Gonzo beachin' it up beat dook beef jerky is delicious birthday love bizzle bluegrass bucket list by popular request call me nurse Call out Connie carolina girls really are the best in the world carrboro is for townies chapel thrill crack in your coffee culture shock D.C. darn it why is there still glitter everywhere Debbie Downer came to town delicious grubbing derby DUSON eve excited anyway fan club flashback friday FOFP friendiversary G and G gettin' lucky in Kentucky gone to carolina in my mind good books Haiti Happy Holidays hash heart carolina i am a tar heel i heart mountains I'm a child of the Disney generation I'm coming home in review in roy we trust insufficient gratitude jet set across America KCMC keeping it local Kelly G-love kilimanjaro kvetch Liles make me smile love Louisville Love NC Lulu making new memories with old friends Materuni waterfalls meg and bex music makes my ears smile my dad is superman new2lou Obama pediatric nurse practitioner playing outside post secret red river gorge resource-limited medicine ridiculously unprepared safari njema school of life Shakori sharing the love shout outs skipping town soap box song of the week sorry i'm not sorry stand up for what's right Sunday Funday swahili kidogo Tanzania Tekoa the dirty D the life of a twenty something time to put my big girl pants on tobacco road townie love TZ pics unc bball is a dynasty UofL viral video woo hoo it's my birthday xoxo zebras

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Floorwalkers


My buddy told me that The Floorwalkers were on his top 10 Best Live Shows Ever list and I was a skeptic.  But these Columbus, OH bred boys brought a foot stomping show to Zazu's last night in St. Matthews.  Despite a somewhat reserved crowd of head bobbers, D. and I danced in front because we just couldn't stand still.  After the show, lead singer Jonathan Elliot came up to us to thank us for our enthusiasm. I was very thankful for my cowboy boots and swirly dress--perfect dancing attire!

Their talent is unmistakable with hints of folk, soul, and classic rock & roll that showcase their craftsmanship of composition and lyrics.  They'll be at SXSW later this month which speaks to the caliber of music they're creating.  I told Jonathan and lead guitarist Theo Perry (who gives the band their street cred with his picked out afro) that it's only a matter of time before they blow up.

Here's a couple of my favorites by The Floorwalkers:
I Need A Dollar- Aloe Blacc cover
Three Wishes

No comments:

Post a Comment