Africa time American holidays are funny in Africa baby Gonzo beachin' it up beat dook beef jerky is delicious birthday love bizzle bluegrass bucket list by popular request call me nurse Call out Connie carolina girls really are the best in the world carrboro is for townies chapel thrill crack in your coffee culture shock D.C. darn it why is there still glitter everywhere Debbie Downer came to town delicious grubbing derby DUSON eve excited anyway fan club flashback friday FOFP friendiversary G and G gettin' lucky in Kentucky gone to carolina in my mind good books Haiti Happy Holidays hash heart carolina i am a tar heel i heart mountains I'm a child of the Disney generation I'm coming home in review in roy we trust insufficient gratitude jet set across America KCMC keeping it local Kelly G-love kilimanjaro kvetch Liles make me smile love Louisville Love NC Lulu making new memories with old friends Materuni waterfalls meg and bex music makes my ears smile my dad is superman new2lou Obama pediatric nurse practitioner playing outside post secret red river gorge resource-limited medicine ridiculously unprepared safari njema school of life Shakori sharing the love shout outs skipping town soap box song of the week sorry i'm not sorry stand up for what's right Sunday Funday swahili kidogo Tanzania Tekoa the dirty D the life of a twenty something time to put my big girl pants on tobacco road townie love TZ pics unc bball is a dynasty UofL viral video woo hoo it's my birthday xoxo zebras

Monday, March 12, 2012

Bex's Bracketology


I'm not some sportscaster that spends my career crunching numbers and watching the every move of the nation's most elite college athletes.  Nor am I that girl that picks the winner of a game based on the prettiest jersey (but that IS how I bet on horses).  The method to my March Madness is somewhat more complicated... and vindictive.

South:
Wichita St would have been a David & Goliath story if it weren't for their inappropriately high ranking... but in the end I am cheering for Indiana because they have at least beaten UK once this season.
UNLV took Carolina out early in the season, but let's face it, they're not making it past the second round.
As much as I'd like to see Duke lose in the first round, I would more so love to see them get far enough to have their hopes and dreams crushed beneath them.
All in all, UK has been sick this season and they'll make it to the final four.

East:
I would LOVE for UNC Asheville to beat Syracuse, but the 108-0! record of #1 seeds playing #16 seeds goes against the statistics-- sorry bulldogs.
Vandy also had the gusto to beat UK, which to me means that they can pull out their big guns.  But in the end their size will not match Syracuse.
Cincy is a bunch of gangstas, but they're no match for FSU... they are THUGS.
In the gang fight that will be Syracuse- FSU, 'Cuse has the stats to prove that they'll come out on top.

West:
Since Louisville has proven their inconsistency time and again, and I love a good underdog, I've got Davidson pulling out the win against the Cardinals.
Murray State had almost perfect season (against a schedule of puny opponents) so I'll give them a trip to the second round, but they're no match for the Marquette program that has seen the tourney time and again.  If they'd pick up some legit games maybe they would have a chance of getting to the Sweet Sixteen.
*A typo on my bracket, I SHOULD have Virginia winning against Florida.  My bad click.  I ALWAYS put ACC teams through to the second round.  It's my little way of saying that our conference is better than yours.
And I think the size of Missouri has been underestimated this season, which is why I have them beating Michigan State.  Besides, Michigan State can't buy a championship.

Midwest:
Ahh, the golden bracket!  My personal FAVE!
I have Alabama winning their first round game simply because I would like to personally beat them.  I'm not a fan.  Obviously.
This is my upset bracket because I think that Michigan has been inconsistent enough that Ohio could really pull it out.  Their program has potential... just not enough potential to make it to the Sweet Sixteen.
NC State almost beat us, so I'll give them my automatic ACC first round by.
Belmont wins their first round game simply because I'm not impressed with Georgetown and think they could be last year's Louisville.
Kansas has been strong all year.  And they're STILL mad about losing Roy back to his home state. (C'mon, get over it already.  You didn't REALLY think he'd stay in KANSAS did you?!?!  There is no ocean, no mountains, NO pretty girls, no beach music, no sweet tea.  It was NO contest.)  But all in all, Carolina has the team dynamics to pull the W and make it to the final four.

Final Four:
UK-Missouri: UK, as much as I hate to admit it, they're good.
UNC- Syracuse: There may be blood and broken bones, but we have more heart.

Championship:
TIME FOR A REMATCH from the December 3 FLUKE in the 73-72 game.  I have learned to detest UK fans as much as any Cardinal fan and now I'm ready to meet them in New Orleans.  As Tyler Zeller graduates, it's time for Roy's Boys to put another championship ring on it.
**Also, forgive the typo of the final scores... You get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment