Africa time American holidays are funny in Africa baby Gonzo beachin' it up beat dook beef jerky is delicious birthday love bizzle bluegrass bucket list by popular request call me nurse Call out Connie carolina girls really are the best in the world carrboro is for townies chapel thrill crack in your coffee culture shock D.C. darn it why is there still glitter everywhere Debbie Downer came to town delicious grubbing derby DUSON eve excited anyway fan club flashback friday FOFP friendiversary G and G gettin' lucky in Kentucky gone to carolina in my mind good books Haiti Happy Holidays hash heart carolina i am a tar heel i heart mountains I'm a child of the Disney generation I'm coming home in review in roy we trust insufficient gratitude jet set across America KCMC keeping it local Kelly G-love kilimanjaro kvetch Liles make me smile love Louisville Love NC Lulu making new memories with old friends Materuni waterfalls meg and bex music makes my ears smile my dad is superman new2lou Obama pediatric nurse practitioner playing outside post secret red river gorge resource-limited medicine ridiculously unprepared safari njema school of life Shakori sharing the love shout outs skipping town soap box song of the week sorry i'm not sorry stand up for what's right Sunday Funday swahili kidogo Tanzania Tekoa the dirty D the life of a twenty something time to put my big girl pants on tobacco road townie love TZ pics unc bball is a dynasty UofL viral video woo hoo it's my birthday xoxo zebras

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Welcome to the blogosphere

I just hung up the phone with a dear friend from home who was inspired by Local Townie and decided to start a blog of her own.  Cat (Kitty Cat as I call her) just moved from D.C. to South Florida with her fiance and has been going through the same process of trying to find her niche in a foreign land that I am in Lou.

I told her that she would LOVE blogging.  It is entertainment.  It is cathartic.  It is nostalgic.  It keeps me grounded.  I am always flattered when people tell me that they read what I write because I always thought I was blabbering sweet nothings to the world wide web.  But the blog actually keeps me connected in ways that everyday life would not otherwise afford.

Cat's first post in Changing Latitudes made me cry.  I've become a sap in my twenty-somethings.

Kevin and I are settling into our new life in tropical South Florida. The change in latitude has been good to us on many levels, but it's been hard to keep up with our family and friends that are spread around the continent: DC, New York, LA, San Francisco, North Carolina, Chicago, Baltimore, Montreal, Birmingham, Niagara Falls, Ottawa, New Hampshire, Vermont, British Columbia... and a very special friend in Kentucky who inspired me to start this blog. Becky and I ran track together in high school and when we, along with our friend Seshie, all went off to different colleges, we kept blogs to keep up with each other. Over time my blog writing trailed off but Becky has an awesome blog that helps me keep up with her no matter where she is in the world or what she's up to. As much as I love our new life in Florida, there are many people I would be very sad to lose touch with and this seemed like the best way to help with that. So, with Becky as my inspiration and New Year's resolutions as my impetus, welcome to my blog and thanks for reading.


Welcome to the blogosphere Kitty.  Check out here blog here.

1 comment:

  1. You got me so stoked for this blogging thing that I've been so intently working on my blog since we hung up that I just now saw this post! Love you to the moon... and your blog is awesome. -"Kitty Cat" :)

    ReplyDelete